Thursday, September 6, 2012

Recipe of the Week: Strawberry Banana Smoothies!

I absolutely LOVE smoothies! It's also a great way to get your kiddos to have their fruits. In my case, it's a good way to get Rylee to have milk. She loves fruit and will eat it on its own but HATES milk. And I do mean hates. When I am making this recipe for her, I leave out the sugar but when it's for me, I put it in ;) I hope you like this one!

What you need:
4-5 large strawberries
1 large banana
1 T lemon juice (I didn't have a fresh lemon on hand so I just used the bottled kind- works just as great)
1 cup of ice
1/2 cup whole milk
1 T sugar (optional)

What you do:

Throw everything in the blender and puree it until everything is combined and there are no chunks left.

It makes about 1 whole adult serving and 1/2 of another for maybe a little one, like this sweet girl. She absolutely loves smoothies!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment