Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Forgotten Cookies

This recipe was given to me by my mom and I have to admit, I was skeptical. It sounds like it wouldn't be good at all but let me tell you... They are delicious!!! So simple, only three ingredients but so so delicious. The outside is a little crunchy but the inside melts in your mouth. I promise that if you try these, you'll love them!

Here's what you need:
3 egg whites
2/3 cup sugar
1 small bag of chocolate chips- 
(I used less than this because Jeremy isn't a huge chocolate lover.)


What you do:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Beat the egg whites & sugar on high speed until it forms stiff peaks. Make sure you don't beat it past that point or it'll just collapse on you. Add the chocolate chips and fold them in gently making sure not to over work the mixture. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. 


Now turn your oven OFF. Put the cookies into the oven, close the door and FORGET ABOUT THEM! You can leave them for 4 hours or overnight. Honestly, I recommend overnight if you're impatient. I kept going to the oven and opening the door to look at them. But if you have been given the gift of patience, by all means, 4 hours will do! :)


After the time has elapsed, have a cookie! I seriously cannot get over how yummy these are. Melt in your mouth deliciousness!


Enjoy!

1 comment: