Friday, January 13, 2012

Recipe of the week: Parmesan Stuffed Chicken

For mine & Jeremy's first Christmas together he gave me three different cookbooks. He also proposed that Christmas :) But up until recently I hadn't cooked a single thing out of those cook books. When we lived in the apartment they were packed away in a box, in a closet so I had forgotten about them. When we moved to our house, my mom used one of them, along with some other cook books that I had acquired, to decorate in my kitchen. They sit right beside my stove and were staring me down. After Rylee was born, I got the itch to start trying new recipes to add to our regular line up and I grabbed that cook book that he gave me three years ago and pulled some recipes from it. The recipe of the week I'm featuring this week is from "Great Food Fast" by Martha Stewart. This is a simple recipe thats packed full of flavor. 

What you'll need: 
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
Zest of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons dried Parsley flakes
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
Salt & pepper to taste

What you do:
Butterfly your chicken so that it creates a pocket for your stuffing.


Sprinkle in your mixture pressing down so that it sticks to the chicken.


Season the outside of the chicken with salt & pepper


Bake at 450 for about 30 minutes or until juices run clear. I served mine up with mashed potatoes and my homemade cream corn! 


Such a yummy and easy to make weeknight meal. Try it out for your family... They'll love it! Enjoy!

1 comment: