Friday, February 24, 2012

Broccoli & Cheese soup

This recipe is SO unbelievably easy and so delicious! My momma always made this growing up and I have always loved it. I haven't found another B&C soup that tops this one for me. Jeremy HATES broccoli so he was gone one night this week so I decided to make myself a big pot of it. I had a bunch left over so I put it into small ziplocks and froze it. Anytime I want a bowl, I can just thaw out the individual bags and dinner is served! :) 

What you need:
1/2 onion, chopped
2 T butter
2 pkgs frozen chopped broccoli (10oz bags)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
4 cups milk
3 oz Velveeta jalapeño cheese, cut into small pieces (not pictured)
1 tsp Accent


 What you do:
Sauté chopped onion in butter. When onion is cooked thru, throw broccoli in the pot and let cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in mushroom soup, milk, cheese & accent. Cook over medium heat, stirring often until cheese melts. 


You can serve this with some bread OR in a bread bowl. So yummy! I promise you'll love it! :)

Leave me some feedback if you have been trying some of the recipes I've been posting and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Tried this last night! Only I didn't have the jalepeno velveeta so I used a dash of cayenne pepper to add a little kick... Was delish!! Thanks for the receipe Larissa!

    ReplyDelete