Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Recipe of the Week: BBQ Pulled Pork

We had Catalyst at our house on Sunday night and before when we have had them over we grill something but this time I wanted to do something different. This recipe is one that I came up with on my own. It's slow cooked in the crockpot in root beer. I got that idea off a recipe I found on allrecipes.com however I found that it was way too bland and just one note so I added to it and made it my own. It's seriously some of the best pulled pork I've had and I have had a lot of BBQ. I used bottled BBQ sauce with this one since I was cooking for a lot of people but when it's just me and Jeremy I make my own sauce. I really hope you'll try this recipe. If you do, please leave some feedback and let me know if you liked it!

 What you need:
1-2 pork loins
Root beer
1-2 Bottles BBQ sauce(depending on how much sauce you like)
1 clove garlic minced
Salt & Pepper


What you do:
Season both sides of your pork with salt & pepper. Throw them in the crockpot and sprinkle garlic on top.

Pour the root beer in the crockpot until it almost covers  the pork. Cook on low for 7 hours.

Reserve about a cup of the juice in the crockpot and pour the rest out.

When you pull it out it should just be falling apart! Take two forks and use them to shred the meat.

Big thanks to my handsome and sweet hunny for shredding all the pork. There was a lot!

Pour your sauce over the pork and use your tongs to toss it all together.



I eat mine with beans and coleslaw on top. When we went on our honeymoon to Hawaii, we stopped and had pulled pork sandwiches at a place on the beach and they served pineapple coleslaw with it. It was so delicious! Jeremy absolutely loved it. So I came up with my own rendition of it and I make it every time I made pulled pork. Try this sandwich out, it's so delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment