Monday, December 26, 2011

Recipe of the week: Granny Taylor's Pecan Pie

This pie was my Granny Taylor's recipe. She was very special to me and my mom. She was my moms grandmother and she died whenever I was about 7 or so. I only knew her a short period of time but I was very close to her. I have to say that I don't like any other pecan pie that I've tried other than this one. It's so yummy! I hope you'll try it!



What you need:
3 eggs slightly beaten
1 cup Karo syrup
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped or whole pecans(i chop mine)
1 homemade (or you can use store bought) 9 inch piecrust.

What you do:
In large bowl combine & stir together first 5 ingredients until incorporated. Stir in nuts if you chopped them, if you prefer them whole then arrange them on the bottom of piecrust in single layer. Pour mixture into crust. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes. Let it cool completely. Serves 8.

I hope you try and love this recipe. This is one that is so special to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment