Saturday, December 17, 2011

Grill it!: Jalapeno & Parmesan Burgers

My husband is THE best griller I know. He might not agree with that but I personally think that. He loves to create his own recipes and 9 times out of 10 it's absolutely delicious. However, there was this one time that he decided to marinate steak in Jack Daniels and it was AWFUL! Ha! We laugh about it often.

One of my favorite things that he makes is his Parmesan Spinach stuffed Chicken. Oh. My. Word. I would have it weekly if I could. I will be posting that recipe in a few weeks for you all to try and TRUST ME... You will fall in love too. I also love burgers. I have at least three a week. Now that I say that out loud, it's kind of embarrassing. But I am my fathers daughter and I looooove a good hamburger. You're probably wondering "Where is she going with this?" Well, let me tell you... I was watching Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives the other day and they had a burger on there that had spinach on it. So it got me thinking about the chicken that I mentioned earlier and thats when it happened... The light bulb came on... "Why not make a burger version of that chicken?" So we tried it tonight and WOW... It was delicious! I just couldn't wait to share this recipe with all of you so here it is.

What you'll need:
1 Jalapeno
1 lb of hamburger meat
Fresh baby spinach leaves
1/2 Cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 Teaspoons each Salt & Pepper
2 Teaspoons each Onion salt & Garlic powder
1 Teaspoon Parsley Flakes

What you do:
Mince up your Jalapeno.

Mix the meat, jalapeno, salt, pepper, onion salt and garlic powder all together. Separate into even patties. One pound of meat makes about 3 patties.

Throw them on the grill over high heat for about 7 minutes of each side. Put the spinach on the patties for the last 5 minutes of cooking and close the grill so that it wilts.

All we added was mayo to the buns.

So. Delicious.
Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. This looks uhhhh-mazing!

    When the holidays and my three week mini semester are over I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you do with the Parmesan cheese? Do you mix it in with the meat, or sprinkle it over the top when you put on the spinach leaves?

    - Renee Dotson

    ReplyDelete