Thursday, March 22, 2012

Recipe of the week: Mexican Style Grilled Corn

This weeks recipe is a side dish! It's actually one of my top three favorites and quite possibly Jeremy's number one. I found this recipe in a magazine and we have made it a million times since. It's so easy and delicious! If you make this, when you make this, USE FRESH CORN! Seriously. The second time we made this Jeremy wanted one extra but I only have two corn on the cobs. But then I remembered that I had some frozen corn on the cob so I pulled one out and it just wasn't as tasty.

What you need:
Fresh corn on the cob
Stick of butter
Parmesan Cheese
Salt & pepper
Chili powder 
Mayonnaise

What you do:

First, shuck your corn. Cut the ends off and then if your corn is quite large, cut in half. The ones I had this week were smaller so I left them whole. Then you want to take the butter and rub it all over the corn. Season it all over with salt & pepper. Grill corn until kernels are lightly charred, about 10 minutes.

Brush your corn lightly with the mayo. The sprinkle the chili powder over the corn. I usually add in some cayenne too cause I like spicy but sadly I was out of it this week.


Sprinkle the parmesan over the corn. You can serve it with lime wedges to make it pretty but I don't :) I just want to dig in and eat it! Yummy! Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment