Friday, March 30, 2012

Recipe of the week: Delicious, Easy Chicken Quesadillas!

Ok, so quesadillas aren't rocket science. And I am sure if you are any kind of cook, you have made one before. I have made quesadillas more times that I can count. It's a quick easy lunch and one of my favorite foods! This recipe is one that I kind of created on my own. I encourage you to try it and even make it your own!

What you need:
Burrito size tortillas
Boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tsp each Salt & Pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp taco seasoning
Cheese- I used oaxco cheese which comes in a ball shape but pulls apart like string cheese.


What you do:
Cut your chicken into pieces. Sprinkle your chicken with your seasoning mixture and toss to coat.

Heat about a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet. Cook the chicken until juices run clear. Now, what you do next is up to you. I throw mine in the food processor and pulse a few times because I don't like huge chunks of chicken in my quesadillas. And also because I think it distributes more evenly on the tortilla.

Next, heat your griddle or pan and lay two tortillas flat on the surface. On one of the tortillas, spread a thin layer of your cheese, chicken and a little more cheese. Sometimes I add in a little cheddar cheese because I like the sharpness of it but I left that out last night. Take the other tortilla that's been heating and put it on top of the one with the meat & cheese. Lay it hot side down on the dressed tortilla. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side or until your tortilla is lightly browned.

A PIZZA ROLLER!? Yep. It works so well for cutting these. I cut mine into  8ths but you can do it however you please. 

Serve with some queso and salsa or maybe some gucamole. The avacados didn't look very fresh this week at the grocery store so no guac for me! :( Enjoy this quick, delicious weeknight meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment