Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Recipe of the Week: Rudy's style cream corn

Who loves Rudy's!? I sure do!! One of my favorites from there is defintely their creamed corn. I am very particular about cream corn. My Granny Taylor used to make a homemade type that is similar to what you can buy in a can at the grocery store and it was always my favorite! After having Rudy's I embarked on the mission of creating my own version that was similar to theirs and my husband thinks I have succeeded :) I hope you try this one out and I know you'll love it!

What you need:
1 bag of frozen sweet corn(if your grocer doesn't have sweet just add a tablespoon of sugar.)
1/4 cup milk
1 8oz pckg cream cheese
1 stick of butter
3-4 dashes of hot sauce
2 tsp salt
3 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
(Sometimes I chop up a jalapeno and add that in.)

 What you do:
Throw corn, cream cheese, butter & milk into the crockpot. Turn on low.

After the ingredients have been cooking for about an hour and the cream cheese and butter are melting, stir it all together so that it's all combined. Next add in hot sauce(to taste for however spicy you like your food), salt, pepper & cayenne. Put lid back on the crock pot and finish cooking on low for up to 6 hours. You can also cook on high for 4 hours.

I served mine this time around with fried pork chops and mashed potatoes. Although I serve it with everything from steak to fried chicken to grilled chicken. It's such a yummy dish and I know you'll love it! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment