Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Senior Session: Tabitha Hawthorne

This was such a fun shoot! We had originally planned to do the photos last Thursday but it rained so we rescheduled for Monday. The weather couldn't of been more perfect! It was slightly overcast which gave us the soft lighting we were looking for. We went downtown to a park called The Heritage Society. It's so beautiful. Tons of oak trees and old houses with adorable porches.

Tabitha is quite the young lady. She is an excellent basketball player and has recieved a scholarship to play at Lee University in the fall. She designed and sells tshirts with "Rescue the girls" on it. The proceeds go to ending the sex trafficking of women. I think back to when I was her age and what was on my mind. I was thinking about graduating, my boyfriend, what I was going to do over the summer and all the normal teenage things that go thru a senior-in-high-school's mind. I definitely was not thinking about what was going on in the world around me. But Tabitha is. Her heart is burdened for the young women being sold into sex trafficking. This young lady is going to change the world. If you want to purchase a tshirt that she designed you can visit her site at www.rescuethegirls.org

Enjoy!










For info on sessions, email me at larissafloyd@yahoo.com

1 comment:

  1. What a compliment! I sure wasn't thinking too much of others either at her age....don't know where that came from? I guess from her Heavenly Father!! Thanks for all you put into your shoots. This will always be a special memory of her senior year - one of her best memories!! She has loved the camera since she was a baby - I know, big surprise...

    ReplyDelete