Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Recipe of the week: Chicken Salad!

This recipe is my take on my mother in law's chicken salad. I made a few changes to it to make it my own and it is so delicious. I made a big bowl of it last night and when Jeremy got home late last night from work (I was already in bed) he ate most of it. There isn't even enough left for a sandwich!! Haha. It really is just so yummy!

What you need:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
3-4 sweet pickles
1 hard boiled egg
1/4-1/2 cup miracle whip (Make it to your liking. We like ours a little bit dryer than some people so I hold back on the mayo.)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
Salt & Pepper

What you do:

Season your chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and cayenne. Roast in the oven at 350 for about 30 minutes or until the juices run clear. When it's done, shred it up or cut into bite size pieces. I throw mine in the food processor and pulse a few times to give it a shredded texture without having to actually shred it by hand.

Chop your egg and pickles. Combine chicken, egg, mayo, salt & pepper in a bowl and mix thoroughly. 

Eat on toasted bread or with ritz crackers. I always have mine with a slice of tomato. So yummy!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment